Craps is a game with many superstitions, but unlike other games
such as slots and video poker, the beliefs surrounding craps don't
need to be debunked. Everyone knows they're not logical. Yet everyone
(including the casino crew) heeds them. That's because the rhythm
to the game and the feeling at a hot table that simply defies
Below are some of the more common superstitions
• A don't bettor increases the chance
of a seven-out.
• Cashing out will cause a shooter to
• Breaking the shooter's rhythm will cause
• Mentioning seven or touching the shooter
will cause a seven-out.
• Dice hitting a person's hand will cause
• Dice leaving the table will cause a
seven-out, unless the shooter continues with the same dice.
• An empty or recently opened table will
be cold, and not good for a streak.
• A female who is shooting craps for the
first time will always pass, and will likely pass a number of
times after that.
Yes they're silly, and smart craps players don't believe any
of this malarkey. But it's still not a good idea to touch the
shooter while she's on a roll, OK?